CFLA - U.S. and International Tax
  Call us: 450 723-8177   Français

U.S. tax compliance (individuals)

  • Analyse the tax liabilities of individuals working in the U.S.
  • Analyse the tax liabilities of U.S. citizen or permanent residents of the U.S. (green card holders), living in Canada or in any other country, including the disclosure of foreign banks accounts (FBAR / FINCEN 114).
  • Prepare various yearly tax returns (forms 1040 or 1040-NR).
  • Prepare any related forms, for example, form 5471 aimed at disclosing, based on certain criteria, the holding of non-U.S. shares (such as Canadian) by a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
  • Canadian residents planning on studying in the U.S. (tax consultation and preparation of 8843 forms).
  • Assistance in obtaining an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for U.S. tax compliance purposes.
  • Voluntary disclosure for U.S. citizens or green card holders who have not filed their U.S. tax returns (under various tax programs/procedures).
  • Guidance in the context of a U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status (green card) being revoked.